President Nana Akufo-Addo has extended the ban on public gatherings by an additional two weeks.
The President made this known during his eighth address to the nation on the outbreak of the novel coronavirus in the country on Sunday, April 26, 2020.
Excerpts of Update No.8 to the nation. pic.twitter.com/Ngxq1cMtFa— Ministry of Information (@moigovgh) April 26, 2020
Summary of President’s 8th Address on COVID-19
- Lockdown was lifted after careful analysis of data & science and economic considerations including the negative effects in the informal sector.
- Thankful to the media and health workers. Additional locally made PPEs supplied to the health workers.
- Thankful to USA for the medical supplies.
- Follow strictly guidelines issued by Ghana Health Service on wearing of Nose & Mouth Mask.
- Consultations with some interest groups including religious groups came into consensus that the restrictions for Public Gatherings should be extended for additional 2 Weeks.
- Ghanaians must stop the unpatriotic act of assisting foreigners into the country through unapproved routes.
- Govt has decided to embark on investment in health infrastructure this year. A total of 88 health facilities to be started and completed within 1 year. The health facility would each be 100 bed with bungalows for health workers.
- Muslims in this month of Ramadan are encouraged to pray at home.
Christopher Sam is a savvy web designer and developer with advanced knowledge in Search Engine Optimization. The certified Google Trainer is also a trusty contributor to this website.