The 2nd Edition of the YouTube (YT) Creators Festival kick-started on Thursday November 24, 2022 and climaxed on Saturday November 26th, 2022 at the Silverbird Cinemas, Accra Mall.
The 3-day event which was intended to assemble content creators across the country lived up to the bill bringing under one roof some of the best content creators in Ghana and other parts of Africa.
“The goal was to create a forum to engage, educate and inspire potential and upcoming content creators to become successful in the global YouTube creators’ community,” said the organisers of the event.
Big shots within the Arts and Creative Space took to the stage at the event, these include Vanessa Gyan, Akosua Ntiriwaa Anti, Ismail Akwei, Jennifer Feaster, Henri Lessing, Sweet Adjeley, Ken Agyapong, Ivy Prosper, Jessica Opare, Bola Ray, Nas Daily and Abdul Karim Abdullah.
The event speakers shared their expertise and experience in YouTube content creation and monetization with eager participants at the interactive summit.
Popular YouTube Content creators in Ghana like Ameyaw Debrah, Kwadwo Sheldon, Incredible Zigi and Wode Maya, shared valuable tips on stage, including tricks and hacks of their YouTube content creation experience.
The Festival also featured an ‘All-female Master Class on Content Creation’ to encourage more women to venture into the creative space of content creation, so they can find their own voices and make a livelihood for themselves.
“By far, the Master Class was one of the highlights of the festival and deserves huge commendation,” said the organisers.
Other major features of the 3-day event were the creators’ tour of the city and the Awards Nights and Concert. They gave the festival a fitting climax, alongside an electrifying music performance by Roots Afrobeats singer Yawaf Blaq.
On the Festival’s last day, nominated Ghanaian content creators were recognised for their devotion, perseverance, and unwavering efforts in promoting Ghanaian and African identity on YouTube. The Ghanaian YouTube creators community is expanding gradually as a result of their efforts.
Below is a list of winners for the 2022 YouTube Creators Awards (in no particular order)
- Headless YouTuber (YT Discovery Creator of the Year)
- Kojo Ferex (YT Education Creator of the year)
- Gaming Canvic (YT Creator, Sports and Gaming)
- Jasmine Boateng (YT Lifestyle Creator of the year)
- Tech In Twi (YT Tech Creator of the Year)
- Aka Ebenezer (YT Comedy Creator of the Year)
- With Sephy (YT Creator In Real Estate)
- Campus With Sharkboy (YT Entertainment Creator of the Year)
- Nii & AJ (YT Couple Channel Of The Year)
- Sweet Adjeley (YT Food Creator of the Year)
- What a $5 Can Get You in GH Market – Tatiana Haina (YT Video of the Year)
- Wode Maya (YT Travel Creator of the Year)
- Incredible Zigi (YT Dance Creator of the Year)
- Kwadwo Sheldon (YT Channel of the Year)
- Wode Maya (YT African Influencer of the Year)
- Sweet Adjeley (YT Creator of the Year).
The YT Creators Festival Ghana is a brain child of Entamoly Media Limited and is made possible by ICS Africa Limited in collaboration with several local and international partners, including TheAfricanDream.net.
The event also enjoyed media support from Whatsap TV, GhanaWeb as well as Influential Ghanaian YouTubers; Wode Maya, Rick Aqua, Kwadwo Sheldon, RackGhana, Jessica Opare and host of other creators in the music and film industry in Ghana.