Kobby Kyei Listed in 50 Most Influential Young Ghanaians by Avance Media
Blogger and media sensation, Augustus Koranteng Kyei, often known as Kobby Kyei, has been listed amongst the 50 most influential young Ghanaians by Avance Media, a public relations and rating firm.
The Most Influential Young Ghanaians initiative is an annual awards and ranking scheme for young Ghanaian Achievers between 15-40 years. The firm released the 2022 edition announcing it’s nominations February 28.
The goal of the list is to highlight the most dedicated young people who took on obstacles to make a positive difference in their industries or wherever they found themselves.
This year’s nominees bring a lot of diversity to the list, with passions and characteristics from many walks of life including Politics, civil society, music, business, media, science, and technology among other highlighted categories.
Personally for Kyei, the recognition depicted his savory blogging profile.
He has won other recognitions in Ghana including National Communications Awards (Online Media Personality), Youth Excellence Awards (Best Youth Blogger Of The Year), Ghana Tertiary Awards (Tertiary Star Role Model Of the Year) and was adjudged Best Blogger/vlogger Of the Year at the revent Ghana Web Excellence Awards.
Avance’s list also included celebrities such as Black Sherif, Stonebwoy, Kwadwo Nkansah, Gyakie, and others. Wode Maya, Zion Felix, Anita Akuffo, Berla Mundi, and other trendsetters in the media were recognized for their outstanding contributions in the previous year.
Some prominent names were Thomas Partey, Deputy Information Minister, Abubakar Fatimatu, Brian Amoateng, Dancers Incredible Zigi and Dancegod Lloyd.
The experiences of the personalities on this year’s list, according to Prince Akpah, MD of Avance Media, are worth imitating by young Ghanaians who are passionate about contributing to the country’s progress and image. Mr Akpah also urged the “distinguished young Ghanaians to use their resources to mentor and guide young people“, as they had become a symbol of hope for the country and continent.
Read Also: List of 100 Most Influential African Women for 2020
Full list of Avance Media’s 2021 ’50 Most Influential Young Ghanaians.’
- Abubakar Fatimatu || Deputy Minister, Ministry of Information
- Alice Mamaga Akosua Amoako || Autism Ambassadors Ghana
- Amaarae || Musician
- Amoaning Samuel (Entamoty) || YouTuber
- Anita Akuffo || On-Air personality
- Berla Mundi || On-Air Personality
- BigGodwin Martey || Websoft Solutions
- Black Sherif || Musician
- Brian Amoateng || IYES Ghana
- Clemento Suarez || Comedian
- Cynthia Ofori Dwumfuo || Hollard Ghana
- DanceGod Lloyd || Dancer
- Daniel Amartey || Footballer
- Eno Barony || Musician
- Fameye || Musician
- Felix Afena Gyan || Footballer
- Gregory Rockson || mPharma
- Gyakie || Musician
- Ibrahim Mahama || Artist
- Incredible Zigi || Dancer
- Jake Obeng-Bediako || Presidential Coordinator for Youth Engagement and Strategy
- Jordan Ayew || Footballer
- Jorge Appiah || SolarTaxi
- Juliet Bawuah || Journalist
- Kaly Jay || Influencer
- Kennedy Agyapong || Afrochella
- Kennedy Osei || Despite Media
- KiDi || Musician
- Kobby Kyei || Blogger
- Kuami Eugene || Musician
- Kudus Mohammed || Footballer
- Kwadwo Nkansah || Actor
- Kwadwo Sheldon || YouTuber
- Mame Dufie Achampong-Kyei Obeng || Glico
- Manasseh Azure Awuni || Journalist
- Mawuli Gavor || Actor
- Medikal || Musician
- OB Amponsah || Comedian
- Ohene Kwame Frimpong || SaltMedia
- Owuraku Ampofo || Journalist
- Prince Ampofo || Databank Foundation
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu || 3Music Networks
- Sam Nartey George || Member of Parliament
- Sammy Gyamfi || NDC Communications Director
- Samuel Takyi || Boxer
- Stonebwoy || Musician
- Thomas Partey || Footballer
- Wode Maya || YouTuber
- Yvonne Nelson || Actor
- Zion Felix || Blogger
Eight days before Kyei’s nomination on the Avance Media’s 2021 list of 50 Most Influential Young Ghanaians, he expressed his key to sucess in an interview with ‘Talking to Doctor Cann’ on Happy 98.9FM’s Ayekoo After Drive Show.
If Ghanaian youths want to commercialize their social media content, he encouraged them to focus on consistency and inventiveness.
Using himself as an example, he stated that the content he shares on his social media platforms, particularly YouTube, earns him a lot of money. He feels that because social media platforms were designed for people, they should be active in and feel a part of what is shared.
“It’s funny how a lot of people create social media platforms and want results and want to eat from their post but are not consistent,” he said.
He also expressed similar views last year at the Avance Media 2021 Ghana Bloggers Summit, hosted at Alisa Hotel at North Ridge on December 4, 2021 in Ghana, rekindling hope in young adults with his sucess maneuvers.
We are so excited for Kobby Kyei and all other nominees this year.
Follow him on Twitter as kobbykyei_
Abeeb Lekan Sodiq is a Managing Editor & Writer at theafricandream.net. He is as well a Graphics Designer and also known as Arakunrin Lekan.